The castings for our compact machines are practically indestructible
Many customers all over the world appreciate our precise cutting machines also for their solidity and durability. No wonder: Our compact machines are reliable companions in the production for decades. Find out what makes our proven compact machines so special and what are the advantages of cast bodies compared with welded machine parts.
A solid construction has always been a trademark of Fecken-Kirfel. Our customers know: Anyone who has decided in favor of one of our compact machines, enjoys the machine’s performance for a long time. Solidity means first that our machines have a long lifetime and second that they show unchanged high performance and precision also under the harshest operating conditions. But how can this solidity be achieved?
Massive construction thanks to skillful material input
“The solidity of our machines is characterized by the chosen construction materials and their use,” says Stefan Lennartz, Manager Mechanical Construction, and adds: “The cast, often thick-walled machine parts made of cast-iron or cast steel allow a solidity that is in a class of its own in this market.” For machines that are particularly stressed, for example when splitting solid plastics, we consistently count on solid cast bodies at the cutting unit. Over the decades, it appeared that our construction materials withstand the high forces that inevitably arise when processing solid materials.
Meet extremely tight tolerances with cast bodies
Machine parts from one cast: Our solid cast bodies have multiple benefits compared to welded constructions made of various individual parts. Noteworthy are the higher durability and the torsional resistance of the castings. But there are further advantages:
- Thanks to solid construction, vibrations are reduced when splitting solid plastics. This allows you to meet tight tolerances and consequently save material. As a result, this increases cost efficiency.
- From the construction point of view, we are very flexible in the casting. When processing solid plastics, higher tensions occur at certain points. At these points we increase the thickness of the casting and achieve a higher stability.
- The production of a solid casting is realized with significantly less work and expense compared to a respective solid welded construction.
Overview of our compact machines
No matter if cutting, splitting or peeling: The cutting units of our compact machines consist of solid castings. Process rubber-like materials or solid plastics with our solid and durable precision machines:
- Horizontal splitting: Machines of the series H, K and G
- Profile cutting: Machines of the series D
- Peeling: Machines of the series R
- Compression cutting: D 5
Place your trust in the solidity of Fecken-Kirfel – it is not without reason that our machines are working tirelessly, in many cases even for decades, and also as a second-hand machine they are the hot favorite. Do you have questions or require any further information? We look forward to receiving your ideas and will be happy to advise you at any time.